by Victoria International Ballet Academy
With nearly all of us still housebound in lockdown, we want to give dancers 5 great reasons to keep up the motivation and take online ballet classes!
- A sense of normality and routine: Let’s face it, it’s never been easier to sit around in pyjamas all day long, but is that kind of mentality healthy? Humans thrive off routine, and the lack of a normal schedule can be mentally taxing. That’s why it’s so important for children and adults to structure their day. Scheduling in a dance or stretch class will help with getting back to your normal regimen, and is a guaranteed mood booster!
- A sense of community: Isolation has been one of the hardest parts of this entire quarantine experience, and trust us you’re not alone in feeling alone! Friendships made in the studio are one of a kind, that’s why we love to see our students connect online with their ballet BFFs! Each class gives us a sense of belonging and helps maintain the beautiful friendships built in the dance studio!
- Stay physically active: This one speaks for itself! Now more than ever, it’s so important to keep up your physical activity, not only for your body but for your mind! Try to get in at least 60 minutes of physical exercise per day, along with a healthy and nutritious diet you’ll feel and look your best! Ballet connects your body, mind, and soul, and trains flexibility, strength, and endurance. A great ballet class will leave you feeling energized and fulfilled!
- Stay on top of your form: We believe that one day soon we’ll all return to the studio and when that happens we want to be ready to conquer new challenges and go forward with our ballet learning! Consistency is key. By keeping up with online classes dancers are likely to regain their technique, strength, and flexibility much faster than if they had stopped dancing completely.
- Adaptability: Improvise. Adapt. Overcome! At times life can throw us a major curveball, but it’s important to be resilient and always find a way to succeed anyway! If the current situation has taught us anything, it’s that no matter how tough things get, the tough get going!
Although, our studios may be closed our academy is still hard at work to deliver the highest quality online ballet and dance classes to our student and share the joy of dance with you!
For more information about our Online Ballet Programs please contact us at 905-707-7580 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org