COVID- 19 Health and Safety Measures
We eagerly anticipate the start of our new season and the pleasure of being with our bright students once again. In order to facilitate the safest possible return to our building, a number of precautions have been set in place.
With our very low student-to-teacher ratio and our spacious classrooms, maintaining a reasonable distance is much easier for us. Nonetheless, we would like to share with you some of our new health and safety protocols for the coming year.
AFTER-SCHOOL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- After school students will enter through Entrance #4 (the side door of the building)
- We expect students to be dropped off 5-10 minutes before their class to give enough time for check-in.
- Students must wear a mask while checking in and in any common areas in the academy (lobby, changing rooms, bathrooms)
- A supervisor will take the students’ temperature, and will fill out a short health assessment.
- We ask that students come fully dressed and ready for class and avoid using the change room areas at this time. Outdoor wear can be left in a designated area without entering the changerooms.
- Students will have a designated dance studio and washroom area. The teachers will instruct the students about which bathroom they may use.
- At the moment, we ask that students over the age of 8 wear their mask at all times inside our facilities.
- The students will be spaced out within the ballet studio area at least 2M at all times.
- Visitors and parents are not permitted to enter the building at this time without an appointment.
- We ask that students refrain from sharing their personal belongings (such as food, clothing, etc) at school at this time.
- Classes will end about 5-10 minutes earlier at this time to give our teachers the opportunity to sanitize the classrooms.
- When picking your child up please wait in your car or stand outside of the facilities (respect social distancing with other parents). A supervisor will assist your children to get out of the building safely.
- Sanitization stations will be provided around the school for your children. However, we encourage that students bring their own hand sanitizers and masks for class.
We ask that parents are punctual for picking up their children after classes as there will be no lingering in the lobby areas at this time. To speak with the administration, please book your appointment at least 24 hours in advance. When coming in for meetings we ask that you wear a mask.
Above all, please reinforce with your children the necessity of regular and proper hand-washing, sanitizing, and social-distancing throughout the day.
*Our Little Ballet Stars students and all students 5 and under will not be required to wear a mask. For students ages 2.5-4 we will allow one parent inside our facilities to accompany their child throughout the class. Parents must wear a mask, sanitize their hands upon arrival, and keep social distancing.
Custom made, reusable masks are available for purchase upon request.